Enriched by diversity
Our school community includes families from different cultures, different religious faiths and different economic backgrounds.Read More
Love, Learn, Serve
We live by our motto and create opportunities for students to participate in social justice programs. Discover our Charism.Read More
Become involved in the daily life of our school community.Read More
Welcome to St Joseph's Catholic School, Mount Isa
Wonderful things happen here
It is our belief that when your child feels supported and welcomed at school, they develop a sense of belonging. From this, wonderful things can happen. Students grow into creative, confident, lifelong learners. They embrace opportunities and discover new interests. They have the ingredients to thrive.
Prep to Year 6 | co-educational | 310+ students
Kindergarten located within the school
Here at St Joseph’s, we truly nurture a love of learning, for the arts and for sport. We believe every student can discover their niche at this school, and we are proud to be recognised as a vibrant, multicultural community and one of Mount Isa’s finest schools for academic, sporting and cultural excellence.
Discover the wonderful things happening at St Joseph’s Catholic School, Mount Isa.
Why choose a Catholic school?
Choosing a school is an important decision for your child and your family. With a strong focus on student wellbeing, inclusion and excellence in all pursuits, our school community is vibrant, proud and highly regarded within the wider community.
Catholic school students:
- experience belonging — We believe the best way for students to get the most out of their schooling is to feel connected to their peers, their teacher and their school community.
- experience opportunity — With access to excellent resources and expert teachers, we create real opportunities for students.
- experience the dedication — Our Catholic school teachers are dedicated to delivering the best faith-based educational experience to every student.
- experience our difference — Catholic schools focus on the whole child, encouraging growth in all aspects of a well-rounded education including social, spiritual, cultural, environmental, sporting, creative and academic.
- experience their best — Every student's 'best' is different, and we work collaboratively with parents to help students realise their potential.
Education at its best
We see our students as individuals, developing and discovering their talents at their own pace. Our role is to support and guide them, teaching them the knowledge and tools they need to succeed. Our Inclusive Education Team allows us to differentiate for student ability, helping children develop competence at their own skill levels. Our Indigenous Education Department works with students, families and the community to establish partnerships for successful learning.
St Joseph's offers state-of-the-art facilities, including an impressive library and indoor sport and performing arts building, expert teachers and specialist subjects to give your child a high quality educational experience.Read More