More pages in this section
Click the image above to access St Joseph's Catholic Primary School online Library
The Library provides the School with:
- A modern, inviting place for the school community.
- A comprehensive, age appropriate Library, literature and information skills program for 21st Century learners.
- A Library collection which is dynamic, current and responsive to children's leisure reading as well as the learning activities of the School.
- Professional assistance to teachers with planning and resourcing the curriculum.
- A bank of computers supplying access to CD-Roms, databases, software, and the internet to support the Information Technology needs of the School.
- Audio-visual material and equipment such as charts, posters, CDs, DVDs, audio books and teaching equipment.
The Library is open from 8:50am to 2.50pm, Monday to Friday, with a specific timetable advertised on the door.
It is used for teacher supervised sessions, Library lessons and borrowing, small group activities and special events during school time.
At lunch time students come to the Library on a roster basis for an alternative to outside play. They can borrow, play quiet games, read, research and/or practice computer skills.
All loans are for one week and classes visit the Library for a borrowing session every week. Students are also welcome to borrow during lunch play. All students require a designated Library bag to take books from the Library, which can be purchased from the Uniform Shop.
Children and their parents are notified of overdue books and encouraged to return these items to the Library. Damaged and lost items result in a request for a contribution to the item's replacement.
The Library has an Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) which manages the school's collection. It is accessible to you here.
The Library has standards and expectations which are discussed with the children at the start of each year.
The Library organises special occasions throughout the year, for example, visits from children's authors, Book Club, Mystery Readers, Book Fair and Book Week activities.